Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Thoughts On Sharing

Sharing is one way to let someone feel included in your life. It is a form of acceptance, a display of welcome.

Children are taught to share as part of their Social Skills development. Share with siblings, or other children in their age range.

Sharing is done in a myriad of ways. Ideas, compliments, and experiences. Older people share memories of their youth by telling stories of their lives. Employees share their experiences in the work environment by offering tidbits about a copier or printer, a heads up about another employee who could cause trouble, or an employee who would be the "Go To" person.

Share a meal with someone, half of a dessert, something to drink. Share clothing with someone that wears the same size as you do.

My husband and I share a lot of stuff. We share the work load, our knowledge, our talents, ourselves. Sharing can be just as rewarding in intimacy as good sex. It says "I love you, and I want to give part of me to you". Whatever I have I will share with you.

I have received something from my husband that I really wish he had kept all to himself.

HIS COLD. I would not have minded his being stingy with his cold.

No comments: