Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Got Randomed

Got a call from Worldwide Freight. Drug and alcohol random test time for me.

It is no biggie while we are home. The fun times are when we are in an unfamiliar city with trucks and (a) can't find the place, (b) find the place in a medical complex with a parking lot full of cars on a very busy street, or (c) find the place and circle the block looking for a curbside spot big enough.

Don't let any girl tell you they don't pee in the shower. If we have to go bad enough we'll do it. The urge didn't hit me till I had the water running for the shower.

By the time I got to Concentra I was uncomfortable. The sign in and wait process had me squirming. All I could think about was relief. Finally my name is called. Take off my Bluetooth ear piece, empty pockets, remove sunglasses, set purse down then begin the dance while the water is running to wash my hands. I'm given my cup with the fill to line marked, instructed to not flush when finished and "outta my way" I've gotta pee.

That's done. On my way out of the driveway I call Worldwide to tell them it's done. "The alcohol test, too?" Crap, I forgot.

Turn around and go back. More papers to sign, sit until I'm called back then get a tour of the facility getting to the exam room. All I can think is Thank God I don't have to pee.

A new disposable mouthpiece is put on a device and I'm instructed to take a deep breath and blow until I hear a click. Just before it clicked I was running out of air. I wonder if anyones passed out on this test? Probably not.

Called Worldwide again. This time I'm REALLY done.



Posted with LifeCast

No comments: