Sunday, August 17, 2008

Taking A Leisurly Drive

This morning Joe tried to wake me at 6:30. I swatted at him and grumbled "Leave me alone", which he did. He snuggled right up to me and we went back to sleep until 8:30.

Joe said it rained during the night, I didn't hear a thing. One of those few nights when a bomb could go off and I'd sleep through it. I looked out the window to be greeted by sprinkles and an overcast sky. The local forcasters are warning about flash flooding. We are wondering why there would be that kind of concern in this Midwestern part of Texas.

The rain continued across Interstate 20 to east of Odessa where it was a good sprinkle, just enough to leave the wipers on intermitent. It finally petered out near Midland. West of Midland is miles of open range with oil pump things from near the roadway and off into the distance as far as one can see. I took pictures of it, send them later.

Interstate 20 ends at Interstate 10. We went west on I-10 and stopped in Van Horn for something to eat. Usually our stop in Van Horn is at the Love's Truck Stop but today we went across the street to the Sands Restaurant which is a little dive. This little dive had garnered some fame a few years back when Tommy Lee Jones was in the movie "Three Burials for Melaquides Estrada" and some of the footage was shot at the Sands Restaurant.

We got into Clint about 8 pm and was done unhooking by 9:45. Tonight we are at the Red Roof Inn in El Paso. We'll get papers signed tomorrow and deadhead for Laredo.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: