Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Is On The Wane

100 degrees and stifling humidity is giving way to cooler temperatures. At least in the high 80's and mid 90's. In about two months I'll be whining about how cold it is becoming.

Saturday night we got into Monroeville, IN at dusk. We were on farm roads in an unfamiliar area and didn't want to traverse them in full dark. Leaving the trucks behind at the delivery site we took our pickup down, cleared our personal stuff from the trucks and headed 39 miles to Ft. Wayne and the Baymont Inn.

Sunday morning, fairly early, we went back to Monroeville and unhooked our trucks. The weather was refreshingly cool with not a rain cloud in the sky. Got that finished and now a 700 mile deadhead to Omaha, NE.

I have laundry to do. About five loads. Being tired from all the driving and the thought of laundry for three hours is making me testy. Ideally we would get to a hotel around 3 pm to do the wash and get rested. I did say "ideally", however it was not to be. Around 7:30 pm we got to the Comfort Inn in Walcott, IA. Yes, they have a guest laundry. One washer and one dryer. $1.25 for each load. 30 minute wash and 45 minute dry. This is going to be a long night. And it proved to be, nearly 11 pm by the time I finally finished. I was so put out at Joe, when he sat beside me on the bed, during one of my waiting cycles, I almost shoved him off the bed and onto the floor. He caught himself before he went too far. I nearly laughed out loud when I saw the surprised look on his face as he tried to keep from falling.

Monday morning, leaving Walcott, I was in a better mood.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: