Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Don't Want To Go...

We got to the house yesterday afternoon. I spent the next four hours doing catch up paperwork. Printing out each of the Corporate Lodging charges and getting them entered into the proper bookkeeping record, going through the mail. We get a ton of crap when we get home. Local store flyers, some weekly newspaper, office supply catalogs, and nuisance junk mail. I overheated the shredder yet again with the proponderance of junk.

Joe was in his chair printing receipts of stuff we had paid on the road for our house bills. It got to be so hard on him he went to sleep. I tease him about sitting quietly for three minutes and is out of it.

Our neighbor came for a visit. He got Joe caught up on the local gossip then they talked guy stuff for the next few hours. Our neighbor left near 10 pm and not long after that I went to bed. Joe went to his office for one quick game of Free Cell and woke up at 1 am not having finished the game he started.

I was real sluggish this morning and just couldn't get around. The laundry I had done last night was all folded and hung, ready to get into today. I didn't want to even get dressed.

We finally got out of town around 12:30 this afternoon and headed out.

If there is anyone interested in OLD courthouses I saw one this afternoon in Albany, Texas. That one just might be put on my list of photo opportunities next time we travel on TX 79, or was it on US 283? I don't remember.

We are in Abilene, Texas at the Days Inn. Time for bed.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: