Saturday, August 16, 2008

Conditioning A Smoking Pipe





















I have "LifeCast" on my iPhone so I can do my daily writing while we are on the road. I had received a comment from the LifeCast people about the new feature that had been added. Take pictures with the iPhone and upload the photos to the blog site. I was so excited about this and took some pictures and tried to send them. Doesn't work without a computer. I have to have access to a computer to do this. Good luck with that while I'm 1000 miles from home.

So today I am getting caught up on our adventures.

When we left Florence, South Carolina the first time going to Monroevile, Indiana we stopped in Statesville, North Carolina at the J&R Tobacco store. http://www.jrcigar.com Joe had lost his pipe some time back and needed to replace it. After our shopping was done we stopped for lunch at a little chinese food place in the same complex.

Joe was messing around with his purchases and next time I looked at him I thought he was picking his nose with something brown. "What are you doing?" I asked him as I took a picture of him doing this strange thing (photo on left).

"I'm conditioning my pipe" is what Joe told me. The oils on the side of his nose, it seems, is the ideal oil to smear on the wood. I asked him to hold still while I took a picture to make sure I was seeing what I did see (photo on right).

Okay. Alright. These guy things are lost on me.

No comments: