Friday, August 15, 2008

A Look At What We Do For A Living



Transport Driveaway is a multi faceted field. The big bus type motor homes and the Class C motor homes are one area of Driveaway. Cement trucks, fire engines, and dump trucks are another area. The part of the industry we do is called "Class 8 Truck Driveaway". The Class 8 truck is the semi truck with a fifth wheel.



In 2001 Joe designed and built the trailer we use in this business. In 2003 he designed and built my boom. We take four trucks, three trucks, and occasionally two trucks in this work. The two trucks Joe would take with his trailer. When we have three I will drive the single truck while Joe has his trailer loaded.

The lightbar on Joe's back truck is what I follow. This is what I see as I drive these roads.

No comments: