Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Hero!

We almost made 350 miles yesterday. From Florence, SC to Dandridge, TN where we stayed at an EconoLodge that used to be Tennessee Mountain Inn. Right across the street is a restaurant called Captain's Galley we go to. The food is good, the Hush Puppies are excellent and the service is great. Joe likes it because of the seafood they serve. He likes fish, I find it yucky.

When we were leaving this morning I had a yellow Check Engine light on after I started the truck. Within a minute or two an accompanying red flashing Engine Shut Down light came on and the truck died. What now?!

Joe checked the oil for me while I climbed the engine compartment to remove the radiator cap. I didn't see any water. Joe went in search of a pail or bucket and water. He came back with a, in his estimation, four gallon bucket full of water.

After five trips for water, including the first, I had enough water in the radiator that I could see it. Let me see; 20 gallons brought out, about 10 gallons escaped between the mouth of the bucket and the radiator spout and hit the ground, so 10 gallons were put in the radiator. How did I get nearly 350 miles??!!

After I put the cap back on and got the lid fastened, I started the truck again. The yellow light came back on and I waited, expectantly, for the red light. The yellow light went out and no red light. I was now good to go.

My Hero saved me again. I am a very lucky (make that Blessed) woman to have the husband I have.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: