Thursday, August 28, 2008

Okay, So I Got Carried Away.

This blog was created for our kids, who are scattered over the western United States, so they would know where we were. We get a lot of "When are you coming this way?" and our usual answer is "I don't know", which is true. We don't know.

While I've been home I had spent some time Googling "Making a better blog" or "Writing a better blog" and I found some items. So I tried one of them. Write about what you know and in your own voice, the way you normally talk. So I gave it a whack.

One thing I've found out in this process is that I normally am a silent person. I don't talk a lot. Man, I did some "ratchet jawing" in my last post. That thing went on for quite a while.

Anyway, as I said, this blog was created for our kids. We get to spend three days with all of our kids and their families this weekend. I am excited. It will be almost like when they were younger and we went on the family outing over Labor Day Weekend. The difference is they will be going in their vehicles and they will be bringing their families along. What a way to introduce our family traditions to the in-laws. Man, oh man, they don't know what the are in for. By the end of this weekend there will be a lot of "We need to do this again next year" talk or it will be "Thanks. Had a great time. See you later. (Whispered to spouse) Let's get the heck out of here!". Either way, we will have had all our children together in one place for hours and hours. Sleep deprived, hoarse of voice, and numb brains from all the remembering and story telling.

I'll post later.

No comments: