Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Port Of Baltimore

It is almost 8:00 am, local time. I am the only one in line this morning. The temperature is cool, the sky is overcast and looks like it might rain. The forecasters all say there is no rain predicted for today. I only care that it is not hot like yesterday.

We will leave from here, when ever that will be today, go back to the Best Western and check out - again - then head for Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I think that is where Joe said one of my trucks are. The other three are in Caledonia, New York.

8:30 am, local time, I was done at the Port. We went back to the hotel and checked out then hunted for a FedEx Kinkos to make copies and send the documents for pay. Found the Kinkos in a building that looks like it used to be a hospital. Got copies made and tried, unsuccessfully, to fax our papers in. I did get the vehicle titles off and on their way to the proper people.

Joe had to find a camera shop in Baltimore to get a lens cover for a unit he got from Ebay and took delivery of it in Baltimore. The camera shop had a side street Joe pull into. While he was in the store I noticed a sign that told me we were at a dead end, you guessed it, I had a spazz attack and called to tell him to get directions back out onto the street. There was an alley I could not see, so spazz for nothing. We got out and on our way to Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

We passed Joseph and his set up on Interstate 81 just a few miles from Carlisle, there was some honking and waving action going on there for a bit.

In Carlisle, I got my truck checked out and signed for. Off we went for Caledonia, New York. From I-81 we took US 220 to US 15 up into New York. For a couple hours we ran next to the Susquahanna River. This is really a beautiful road to travel. Come fall it will be a riot of reds, oranges, and golds when the leaves turn colors.

Tonight we are at the Super 8 in Bath, New York. 57 miles to go to Caledonia tomorrow.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: