Sunday, September 28, 2008

Niemerg's Restaurant - Effingham, IL

I'm home for the night and I have my favorite coffee in my mug. Finally, a good cup of coffee so I can go on.

I have some photos I want to share. In Niemerg's Restaurant, next to the EconoLodge (formerly Rodeway Inn) where we stay in Effingham, Illinois, are framed artwork from school children in the surrounding area. The children drew local landmarks and buildings in Effingham that they, personally, like. The art is spectacular and my feeble attempt at documenting three of the pieces in the reception area of the restaurant don't do them justice. Throughout Niemerg's these beautiful pieces are hung on the walls. The glass proved to be my undoing with reflections galore but you can actually see what the children have done.

A description of the art piece is located at the bottom along with the student's name, grade, and school is in the accompanying photo. I sincerely hope these three wow you as they did me. Such talent. I am in awe. Click on the photo to get a full view.

Nick Durbin - 12th Grade - Heart Theatre













Macy Reed - 10th Grade

























Erin Jones - 11th Grade


No comments: