Friday, September 19, 2008

Fargo After Dark

We slept in this morning, I forgot to set the alarm on my phone. 6 am and back on central time. We have been on eastern time the last week. Everything is an hour earlier for us. We have been getting up at 5 am to be up at 6. It is good to be back on our own clocks.

Leaving Beloit, Wisconsin this morning we stayed on I-90/I-39 through most of Wisconsin then got on I-94 for the remainder. Into Minnesota we were on I-94 then caught the I-694 bypass around St. Paul and Minneapolis. Traffic was thick but thankfully not like Chicago.

At Clearwater, Minnesota, just east of St. Cloud is a travel center we like to stop at. It is now called the Petro 2, I think it used to be called the Clearwater Travel Center. This place has a bakery that will make anyone salivate as they pass all the breads and pastries. During normal business hours Monday through Friday you can watch them make their breads. Iced cinnamon apple, iced blueberry, iced raspberry, whole wheat, rye, white, and sour dough. The breads are for sale in sliced and unsliced loaves, just grab it and go.

There is also a restaurant that serves good food; normal food and not the gourmet schlock I had in Baltimore for lunch on Saturday. This restaurant serves a piece of pie that is really two. It is so huge Joe couldn't eat it all, I had the same problem with the bread pudding - way too much.

We were in rain for a few miles before Clearwater and it really came down while we ate, it had quit by the time we were ready to leave.

178 miles left to get to Fargo and we still had a lot of daylight. There is something going on in Fargo and several of the hotels are full. Joe got us a room at The Prairie Rose for tonight. With that bit of business over we kept going until we reached the Kenworth Dealership in Fargo. By now it was full dark and we don't really like unhooking in the dark. Too much can go wrong. As a matter of fact, I think I left a fender box open after we got the pickup down and emptied the trucks. What a Bone Headed thing to do. One of our sons would call it a "Slacker Stunt" and he would be right.

Saved by my husband. He went around and closed all the boxes.

Miles today was 552, I still have another 240 miles to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to finish my trucks. That is for tomorrow. Right now a bed and sleep is what we both need. Back to work tomorrow.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: