Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ta Daaa. Scrap Paper Embellishments with Cricut and Sizzix Side Kick


This has taken a total of five (5) days to do.

Do I feel great, or what?

One thing I forgot to tell you.

You can use the papers that you think won't be much. This scrap piece of Halloween juvenile paper was not something I really wanted to make flowers out of. But it turned out pretty good.

See?

You would not even know what this paper had come from - unless I blabbed to you about it first.


So, here is what I have gotten done in the past five (5) days.

Discounting the fact that I had purchased the Cricut machine and two cartridges a few years ago, and the Sizzix machines - both of them - along with the dies since 2006. I figure I have saved myself some money by making all these embellishments from my SCRAPS of paper.






























































































Save the oops. You can still do things with them.


If you have the Cuttlebug embossing folders - you can even enhance your scrap paper embellishments. This is just sooooo cool.

















Apart from the really boring aspect of this project - waiting for the Cricut to cut the papers - this project was not really that hard. I just had to get myself psyched up enough to do this.

Even though I went through a patch of not knowing what to do, I guess I really did know what to do, I just was unsure of the process.

So, take a stab at all your scraps.

If you don't have these machines in your home - they are very expensive - there are craft stores in most areas that have these tools. Check with the owners of the craft stores and see what their policy is about using their tools. You may start by bringing a few pieces and getting yourself familiar with the machines. I would not advise bringing in a huge box of scraps and taking up residence at the craft store, but I would think you could bring some papers with you.

These scraps are from papers I already have on hand, they are not papers that I no longer have. Each of these items I just made can be used on my layouts and with cards I make - because I have similar papers in my stash. I don't have to worry about not matching my embellishments to my paper - they already do.

Now, the next part of this is putting bling on these little embellishments.

Let's see. I have embossing powder, rubber stamps, inks, brush markers, glitter, gel pens, brads, rhinestones, eyelets, mica, glossy accents, and .....

No comments: