Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OMG!!! I Am So Sick Of Receipts!!!!!!

I've been working away on all of the 2008 receipts and Settlements from last years work.

I have QuickBooks for MAC to do my data entry. I like this program because I can see where we stand, financially. Which loads and companies we drive for paid well, and which loads we lost our butts on. Thankfully, there have not been too many of the latter ones. We did have a few but the reason we did take those, knowing beforehand that it would not be a financial boon, was that the load would get us lined up for the better paying loads.

This is normal. Taking a lower paying run that gets us closer to the better paying runs is what we have to do from time to time.

Because we take four trucks at a time, it is harder for us to get work that connects from one place to another continually. Last year our deadhead was almost, not quite, equal to our paid miles. The cost of fuel was over $5 a gallon in some states and that really took a bite out of our profitability.

I dread doing this paperwork. It is a necessary evil that I have to get a handle on. Okay, cue the microscopic violin playing the "Poor You" song. I know, whining never helped anything get done. Neither does avoiding it and doing other things.

I had such a great plan going, too. Begin the paperwork at 7:30 am and quit around 2:30 in the afternoon and go do my scrapbooking stuff or clean the house for a while. I have diligently done this everyday, Sunday to Sunday, for the past month and progress is being made. I am up to October. I just have the last three months of the year to do - October, November, and December - and I'm having so much trouble getting going lately. Distractions are getting harder to ignore.

This morning, I spent some time reading past posts from one of my favorite blogs - http://www.deadrooster.com and before I knew it it was long past 7:30 am.

Okay, back to work. The sooner I get done with the paperwork the sooner I can get to the thing I enjoy most - Club Scrap papers and all the photos I have acquired. Being creative and having fun.

No comments: