Sunday, November 2, 2008

Going Through Tons of Photos

We are finally home. Decompression time for me.

I have only uploaded the digital camera, the seven hours of video cassettes will have to wait for a while - until I can get a stand alone hard drive - before I upload them. Tons of footage I had taped. I hope by the time I can get to it I remember what is what and where the events took place.

Some photos I want to share with you on our trips over the last two months are going to be put in this post.

The first is a "sculpture", they call it, of a Prada storefront in Marfa, Texas. Check this site out http://www.texasescapes.com/TexasArt/Prada-Marfa.htm for an explanation of this building.




Our first trip from Laredo, Texas to Calexico, California was in August 2008 and the shoes and bags were in the building. In late September 2008 when we went back through Marfa, Texas the shoes and bags were stolen - by who knows - and the building was empty. If you check out the website I have linked, above, you will see pictures of the shoes and bags in this building.


You can see this is out in the middle of no where, literally.
Someone, with a sense of humor, decided to leave their version of shoe sculpture behind. Look to the left of the building and you see the fence posts. Now here is a clearer view of the fence posts.

No comments: