Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Phoenix to Tacoma

Saturday, October 4th, we deadheaded from Yuma, AZ to Phoenix and checked in at the Extended Stay Motel. A short visit with our daughter and son in law that afternoon and evening was fun. We took them to Benihana for the dinner show. There were eight at our "table" - two other couples and our group of four.

What a treat. Our daughter and son in law had not had the entire grill show and I enjoyed sharing this with my husband and children. Of course, I had the video camera to document the chef's antics.

After dinner we went back to their place for a game of Skipbo. Joe had not played this card game before and we all had fun keeping him somewhat within the rules. At midnight, our time 10 local, we bid goodnight with hugs and kisses then left for the hotel.

Sunday morning, October 5th, we got our trucks hooked up and left Phoenix.

I-10 west all the way past Ontario, California and north on California 57 where we picked up I-210 west to pick up I-5 and head north to the Grapevine. Sunday night we stayed at the Best Rest Inn at Frasier Park/Lebec, California. We got into the room at 12:30 our time, 10:30 local. I was beat.

Monday morning, October 6th, we left Lebec and went downhill - 3,000 feet - the backside of the Grapevine.

In Santa Nella, California we stopped at Pea Soup Andersen's for food and pea soup. Joe can't quite decide if he likes pea soup or not. He still hasn't decided after a huge bowl if the soup. Crazy guy. He got so excited in Oklahoma before we left home heading to Laredo. "Pea Soup Andersen's, here we come" he exuberently called out. Not sure what to think about him at times.

Our day ended at 1:30 am our time, 11:30 local in Yreka, California at the Super 8. By the time we got there I was drop down tired. That was the loooongest 538 mile day I've had in a long time.

This morning, October 7th, we left Yreka and are on the final 487 miles to Tacoma, Washington. Our plans to be there this evening have vanished. We were doing good until Joe got pulled over at the Ashland Weigh Station in Ashland, Oregon. He got a ticket for overweight on an axle. $833.00 and over an hour making adjustments to his hookup. During the adjustment process I lost my Jawbone wireless earpiece somewhere. Only found out after we were 40 miles past the scale. Now I have to buy another one. This trip is going to eat our lunch.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: