Thursday, October 23, 2008

Napping Can Be Dangerous

Tuesday afternoon, October 21st, Joe and I were so tired we took a nap after all our errands were done. We were still at the Rodeway Inn at Ontario/Fontana, California.

I was wakened by four loud thumps. I thought someone was knocking on our door. After I turned on the lights and looked around Joe was, groaning painfully, trying to get up off the floor.

"What the hell happened?" I asked. His response was "I fell out of bed. Please get the First Aid Kit."

I did not immediately laugh. I at least waited until I had him bandaged and asked what caused him to fall out of bed.

The chest bruise is from hitting the corner of the nightstand. The knee abrasion is from landing on the carpeted floor when he fell.

It seems he was dreaming about being back in High School and on the football team. Some kid told him he was going to knock Joe down. Twice the kid came at Joe and didn't budge him. In Joe's dream the kid bounced off him and landed on the ground both times.

The kid must have pulled a fast one and knocked Joe down anyway.





-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: